Monday, July 5, 2010

Trek

About a week ago my dad and my little brother Westin got back from trek and let me just tell you, I love trek. Everything about it. The spirit of trek. The friendships you make. The memories you know that will last forever. Waking up early and hiking till 2 in the morning. The women's pull. The smell. The taste. Coping with your starving belly and eating whatever food they give you minis the salami...gross! The fact that you didn't have to shower or get ready for 3-4 days. Wearing no makeup. Learning that you really can live without your cellphone + the internet. Playing old fashion games. Being outdoors for longer than 72 hours. Sleeping on the ground and curling up in a ball to keep warm at night. The stories told. Learning about your ancestors and what they had to go through. Knowing that what your doing is only a fraction of what they had to go through. EVERYTHING! You may think I am being facetious with what I am telling you but I am dead serious about all of it! I love trek. I mean I literally begged my dad to let me go with him. So here we go I am taking you back four years ago to my trek and to the return of Westin's.

Trek 2006
My home for 2 days
beginning of the many naps I took.
To the left was how I would fall asleep along side the trail while they'd let us rest. To the right my "sister" Whitney and I napping as soon as we got to base camp.
The final stretch
Trek 2010
Their final stretch
My Dad!
2006 my trek family
2010 Westin's Trek Family
Our Ma and Pa's
BFFs
He was so happy to see me.
My boys
These pictures only give you a little taste of how trek is. Trek is amazing, at least for me it was. I learned so much and was able to gain a stronger testimony of my ancestors and what they had to go through. I am so grateful for my ancestor. I wouldn't be here today living where I am if they didn't make that long and difficult journey to Utah. I am so grateful for the faith they had to pick up and leave their homes and trek across America. And if you haven't gone on trek I hope you all have the chance to go or experience something close to it. Definitely something you don't want to miss out on!

XOXO

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love trek too! Your pictures are so cute! You are a fabulous photographer!

Mikelle Jade said...

Oh my! my ugly face full of water is on your blog. hahaha. Trek was so much fun. I love all these pictures :)

katrina said...

oh man everything about this post makes my heart ache to go on trek.